This year I was fortunate to be invited to a friend’s for a vegan Thanksgiving feast and it was delicious!
This is my plate of food above. Yum. Yum. Yum. It was so nice to sit at a table eating vegan food on Thanksgiving with a fellow vegan, vegetarians, and omnivores. With the exception of the main dish, it was a fairly traditional meal. Here’s what we ate:
1. Traditional stuffing
2. Maple squash with toasted pecans
3. Macaroni & “cheese”
4. Roasted brussels sprouts with garlic (recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance : Over 150 Delicious, Cheap, Animal-Free Recipes That Rock)
5. Puff pastry stuffed with mushrooms & Tofutti “cream cheese” or a spinach/tofu mixture
6. Apple pie served vanilla soy “ice cream”
7. Pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes with cinnamon icing (recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World: 75 Dairy-Free Recipes for Cupcakes that Rule)
I’m still full but that may be because I ate leftovers first thing this morning! ;-)
Hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too.
If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.