Labor Day weekend is here and sailing is on the agenda. It’s easy being vegan — even on a sailboat.
While the skipper prepares the boat and monitors the weather, his mate coordinates the menu, does the shopping and cooks most of the food. You might say I’m also the head chef. We eat well on the water. Very well. So what’s on the menu?
Oatmeal and smoothies for breakfast
- Sandwiches made with homemade seitan
- Slaw from VegNews (A hit with my boyfriend)
- Prospect Park Potato Salad from Veganomicon (My favorite potato salad recipe)
- Organic cherries and grapes plus a star fruit and pomegranate
- Hummus and crackers
- Whole-wheat pasta with peas, mushrooms and capers and homemade red sauce
- Assortment of vegan cookies and snacks
Now tell me what’s on your menu for the weekend. Where have you been finding great recipes lately? Inquiring minds want to know.