For your cheezy pleasure, one of the easiest and tastiest dishes ever.
*YUM! YUM! YUM!
Cheezy Rice and Broccoli Casserole
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup uncooked white basmati rice
- 2 cups plain non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 to 4 tablespoons umeboshi vinegar and/or salt to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups fresh or frozen bite-size broccoli florets
Variation: For a richer yellow color, add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric to the mixture before baking.
Free of gluten, soy, nuts and corn. Per Serving: 225 calories, 15 g protein, 4 g fat, 38 g carbohydrate, 49 mg calcium.
*I rate recipes on a Yum! system. I write in my cookbooks one to three “yums” next to each recipe depending on how well I like the dish.
Yum! = OK. Not bad, but probably wouldn’t make again.
Yum! Yum! = Pretty good. Probably will try again, maybe with modifications.
Yum! Yum! Yum! = Great. Will definitely make again.
This recipe easily rates three yums. I used cooked brown rice instead of uncooked white rice. Also, I only used one tablespoon of the umeboshi vinegar. It’s a salty vinegar, so use sparingly.