VeganMoFo continues all month. My VeganMoFo 2012 is demystifying vegan food. Through a photo diary of my daily vegan meals, you will see what the average vegan really eats. Sometimes the food I eat may seem weird or unfamiliar but mostly you’ll find I eat food which is familiar — just without the animal products. It really is easy being vegan.
Hover over each photo for details about the food.
- Bill made the pear butter with very ripe and bruised pears. Since he likes his pears firm for eating, this was his way of using the pears and not wasting them. Making pear butter is simple:
1. Core the pears.
2. Puree the pears in the food processor including the skin.
3. Cook the puree over low-to-medium heat for about five minutes. Stir in cinnamon as it cooks. (He used five small pears and a 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon.)
- We buy the bran flakes in the bulk section of the grocery store. We bring our own plastic containers when we shop.
- The Apple Spice Ring cake was leftover from my birthday. We froze half of the cake in two sections to enjoy later. This was from one of the frozen sections. I topped the cake with Vegan Caramel Sauce. It is awesome.