VeganMoFo continues all month. My VeganMoFo 2012 theme is demystifying vegan food. Through a photo diary of my daily vegan meals, you will see what the average vegan really eats. Sometimes the food I eat may seem weird or unfamiliar but mostly you’ll find I eat food which is familiar — just without the animal products. It really is easy being vegan.
Hover over each photo to see what I ate on Monday and Tuesday.
- On one side of my bagel, I used Coconut Cardamom Almond butter by JEM. I love this stuff.
- On the other side of my bagel, I enjoyed a Greek Sesame Chocolate Spread that I stumbled upon at a local grocery.
- We made the Vegan Sharp Cheddar Cheese using the Artisan Vegan Cheese recipe book.
- Vegans eat chocolate! For a list of vegan and fair trade chocolate, click here.
- The Corn Pudding recipe can be found in the Vegan Cooking for Carnivores cookbook.
- The Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe is coming soon.
- You can find the seitan recipe here. I breaded it by dipping it in Bragg’s and then coating it with a mixture of cornmeal, nutritional yeast, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- The French Green Lentil Soup is from an issue of VegNews. We made this month’s ago and I pulled a jar of it out of the freezer on Tuesday morning. Making a big batch of soup and storing some in the freezer for later is a good way to have a healthy meal available when you don’t have time to cook.
This post contains Barnes & Noble affiliate links for the books mentioned above. When you buy something through them, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!